|Monday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 17:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 17:00|
The Railway Museum will open on June 1, 2020. You can reserve your ticket starting from May 25.
Our regular opening hours are from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Railway Museum is open from Tuesday through Sunday between 10:00 and 17:00.
We are also open on these days:
Mondays during all official Dutch school holidays
Easter Sunday and Easter Monday
Whit Sunday and Whit Monday
Christmas Day and Boxing Day
New Year’s Day
We are closed on:
King’s Day (27 April)
The shuttle train will not run until further notice.
Travel by train and arrive at the museum in style! The rail shuttle runs from Utrecht CS to our own station, Utrecht Maliebaan. Passengers exit the train in the middle of the museum.
Travelling by train requires a valid NS ticket or chip card. You can pay for the rail shuttle using your OV Chipkaart. It is possible to check in and out at the Railway Museum.
Plan your journey using the NS travel planner!
Het Spoorwegmuseum (the Railway Museum)
3581 XW Utrecht
Enter: ‘Johan van Oldenbarneveltlaan 1, Utrecht’
Note: Visitors coming from the direction of Amsterdam on the A2 motorway should not follow signs for Centrum/Jaarbeurs but instead take the route past Galgenwaard Stadium.
From Utrecht Central Station, take bus 4, 8, 28, 50, 55, 73, or 77 towards bus stop Stadsschouwburg. From there, the Railway Museum can be found within walking distance.
- Our car park has 200 parking spaces.
- A parking pass for the Railway Museum car park costs €9.50 and is valid for one visit to the museum.
- The Railway Museum car park is accessible only to visitors of the museum.
- On busy days (such as during events), the car park tends to fill up quickly. It is possible to park in the surrounding area; go here to view parking facilities in Utrecht. More information – including rates for parking on the street, in a garage or at a P+R – is available here.
- The museum car park has four parking spaces for visitors with a disability (€9.50 per day).
- The entrance to the Railway Museum is located inside the Municipality of Utrecht’s low-emissions zone. Diesel-fuelled vehicles made prior to 2001 are prohibited from entering this zone. More information is available here.
You are warmly invited to stop by our restaurant, ‘De Remise’. The restaurant serves a varying selection of sandwiches, soups and drinks. You are welcome to bring a lunch with you as well.