More information on our Corona measures can be found on the page house rules.
The Railway Museum is open from Tuesday through Sunday between 10:00 and 17:00.
We are also open on these days:
Mondays during all official Dutch school holidays
Easter Sunday and Easter Monday
Whit Sunday and Whit Monday
Christmas Day and Boxing Day
New Year’s Day
The cabinet has decided to proceed with a hard lockdown. This means that the Railway Museum will be closed. Below you will find information about tickets for the Railway Museum. These apply to both regular tickets and tickets for the annual Winter Station event.
I have already made a reservation, what now?
The reservation will automatically expire, you do not have to cancel. When the museum is open again you can make a new reservation.
I have already bought a ticket (online). Will I get my money back?
The museum does not take back tickets once purchased. A ticket remains valid for one year, so you can visit the museum at a later time. Please remember to make a reservation.
You are warmly invited to stop by our restaurant, ‘De Remise’. The restaurant serves a varying selection of sandwiches, soups and drinks. You are welcome to bring a lunch with you as well.
The train does not run to the Railway Museum.
From Utrecht CS the train runs every hour to our own station Utrecht Maliebaan. Get off at the museum. For travelling by train a valid NS transport ticket is required. You can use the OV Chipkaart in the train. At the Railway Museum you can check in and check out.
Upon arrival on the platform, museum staff will ask for your reservation and a short health check will follow.
Plan your journey using the NS travel planner!
Het Spoorwegmuseum (the Railway Museum)
3581 XW Utrecht
Enter: ‘Johan van Oldenbarneveltlaan 1, Utrecht’
Note: Visitors coming from the direction of Amsterdam on the A2 motorway should not follow signs for Centrum/Jaarbeurs but instead take the route past Galgenwaard Stadium.
From Utrecht Central Station, take bus 4, 8, 28, 50, 55, 73, or 77 towards bus stop Stadsschouwburg. From there, the Railway Museum can be found within walking distance.
- Our car park has 200 parking spaces.
- A parking pass for the Railway Museum car park costs €9.50 and is valid for one visit to the museum.
- The Railway Museum car park is accessible only to visitors of the museum.
- On busy days (such as during events), the car park tends to fill up quickly. It is possible to park in the surrounding area; go here to view parking facilities in Utrecht. More information – including rates for parking on the street, in a garage or at a P+R – is available here.
- The museum car park has four parking spaces for visitors with a disability (€9.50 per day).
- The entrance to the Railway Museum is located inside the Municipality of Utrecht’s low-emissions zone. Diesel-fuelled vehicles made prior to 2001 are prohibited from entering this zone. More information is available here.